Annual General Meeting
Please RSVP and let us know if you will be attending
The Annual General Meeting of Rainbow Club will take place on Sunday, 24 September 2017 at 10.00 am at Liverpool Catholic Club. The Agenda for the meeting is below.
The meeting will be followed by a short presentation on Challenging Behaviour Management by a guest speaker.
Call for applications for 2 Rainbow Club Australia Board positions
The Rainbow Club constitution allows for a maximum of 12 members with 2 places reserved for people who are representatives of member clubs. One club representative position is currently filled by Lyndal York, Manager at Hornsby Rainbow Club. If you are interested in contributing to Rainbow Club at a Board level, please forward a short resume with some information about your interest to the General Manager at email@example.com who will arrange for it to be considered by the Board.
Professional Development for Rainbow Club Teachers
Arrive by 11am and receive 4 hours of Professional Development covering:
- Guest Speaker on Challenging Behaviour Management
- Circles of Success
- Poolside Perfection – supporting our teachers with the right information
- Making Rainbow Club Great for You – incentives for teachers and parents
- Running a great Rainbow Club – what would you like to see in a Rainbow Club App?
- LUNCH – a light lunch will be provided
- Tips and Strategies for Teachers:
- Swim the Rainbow session will include discussion on what’s expected at each colour and also look at activities you can include to help children achieve the goals for their colour.
- Adapting skills to assist with teaching children with a disability. Sharing ideas on how you can manage challenging behaviours and assist with a range of communication issues.
- Stroke Correction for children who have reached the blue/indigo/violet end of the program. What modifications can you make to traditional strokes for the children you are teaching.
- CPR for teachers
All AUSTSWIM Teachers must hold a current CPR certificate at all times. If at any time your CPR certificate is out of date, your AUSTSWIM Teacher licence is considered invalid.
This information is detailed on the back of every AUSTSWIM Teacher ID card.
- Rainbow Club is pleased to offer 15 teachers the opportunity to update their CPR qualification free of charge. The first 15 Rainbow Club teachers to register will receive this offer.
- It comprises a mandatory online learning prior to assessment on the day which will be a 30 minute session with adult, child and baby manikins “
Agenda for Rainbow Club Australia Agenda – 24 September 2017 at 10am
- Welcome Quorum and Proxies
- Minutes of Previous Annual General meeting
- President’s Report to Members
- Treasurer’s Report to Members
- Presentation of Financial results to Members
- Appointment of Auditor and Remuneration
- Any Other Business of which notice has been received
Registrations have now closed
Rainbow Connect has previously taken place on
2013 Cronulla Leagues Club 12 October
2014 Ryde Eastwood Leagues Club 6 September
2015 Q Station, Manly 18 October
2016 Ravenswood College 25 September