The Board of Rainbow Club Australia has ultimate responsibility for safeguarding the
organisation and its personnel and for ensuring that adequate risk management processes
are in place. Risk management processes are designed in order to prevent injury or harm to
individuals, to protect the assets and interests of the organisation and to limit the impact of
any unavoidable risk.
The Board is establishing a Risk Management Committee whose role will be to ensure that
adequate resources are made available within the budget to implement all risk management
The Board delegates the monitoring and reporting of risk management to the General Manager.
The General Manger will be responsible for the day to day implementation of risk management procedures and for ensuring that all staff and volunteers are aware of these procedures.
Risk management plan
The General Manager will:
- Oversee the risk management plan for the organisation. The risk management plan will cover all aspects of the organisation’s activities and document all potential risks and their risk rating
- Identify actions to manage risk, time frames for any tasks and responsibility. This will include compliance checks to be conducted
The General Manager will monitor the following:
• Currency and adequacy of insurance cover
• Probity and security of financial management
• Compliance with contractual arrangements and funding agreements in particular
• Compliance of all Rainbow Club Australia procedures with relevant legislation
• Compliance with Workplace Health and Safety Policy
The General Manager will report to the Board/Risk Management Committee to confirm compliance checks and report any irregularities.
All staff and volunteers are responsible for maintaining an awareness of potential risks in their areas of responsibility, ensuring that procedures are followed and notifying General Manager of any potential or actual risk.
Documents related to this policy
P114 Workplace Health and Safety
Forms, record keeping or other organisational documents
Tool Incident Report
Tool Incident Investigation