Rainbow Club Australia is a registered charity and has an obligation to ensure that all lessons provided by its local clubs are utilised for the benefit of all children registered with Rainbow Club, whether presently swimming with a Rainbow Club or waiting for a place.
The subscription amount is prescribed by the Board from time to time. It is a membership subscription and not a fee for lessons, therefore, no refunds are issued in the event that a child cannot attend a particular class (or classes).
- Subscriptions are required to be paid in advance of each term in order to secure a place on the schedule for the following term
- Where a member is accessing NDIS managed funding, a Service Agreement must be submitted and a Service Booking confirmed on the NDIS portal before the commencement of the term to secure a place on the schedule for the following term
- Credit card is the preferred method for the payment of subscriptions. Payment by cash is strongly discouraged
- Families are asked to inform the Committee of the local club of any planned extended absence (due to holiday, respite, therapy or illness) so that lessons can be offered to a family on the waiting list on a casual basis
- All subscriptions will be forfeited and the lesson will be allocated to another child on the waiting list if three or more lessons are missed in any one term without prior notice being given to the committee
- Should parents have difficulty with making payments, the General Manager of Rainbow Club Australia may be able to assist by waiving the subscription for a term(s)
Documents related to this policy
P102 Service Information for Members
Forms, record keeping or other organisational documents
Welcome letter to New Parents