Annual General Meeting
The Annual General Meeting of Rainbow Club took place on Sunday, 25 September 2016 at 10.00 am at Ravenswood College, Henry Street, Gordon. The Agenda for the meeting is below.
The meeting was followed by a short presentation by Jodi Rose to gauge interest in the demand for workshops on carers of children with special needs.
A highlight of the morning was the announcement of the Aqua Award winners. When nominations closed we had a total of 27 nominations which illustrates the great work being done right across the Rainbow Club Community
Call for applications for 2 Rainbow Club Australia Board positions
The Rainbow Club constitution allows for a maximum of 12 members with 2 places reserved for people who are representatives of member clubs. The club representative positions are currently filled by Rob Beaven, Manager at Warringah Rainbow Club and Ally Cox former Manager of the Buxton Rainbow Club (now suspended). If you are interested in contributing to Rainbow Club at a Board level, please forward a short resume with some information about your interest to the General Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org who will arrange for it to be considered by the Board.
Professional Development for teachers
This will deliver 3 hours of Professional Development for Rainbow Club Teachers (10 hours needed to renew an AUSTSWIM licence).
The session will
- highlight the plans for the Swim the Rainbow Carnival on 19 November 2016
- cover the lastest edition of the Swim the Rainbow manual and visual aids with cross referencing to the biomechanics chapter of the AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming & Water Safety course and the Teacher of Access & Inclusion course.
- Change into swimmers for a program of wet activities.
CPR for teachers
All AUSTSWIM Teachers must hold a current CPR certificate at all times. If at any time their CPR certificate is out of date, their AUSTSWIM Teacher licence is considered invalid.
This information is detailed on the back of every AUSTSWIM Teacher ID card.
- Rainbow Club is pleased to offer 25 teachers the opportunity to update their CPR qualification free of charge. The first 25 Rainbow Club teachers to register will receive this offer.
- It comprises a mandatory online learning prior to assessment on the day which will be a 30 minute session with adult, child and baby manikins “
Agenda for Rainbow Club Australia Agenda – 25 September 2016 at 10am
- Welcome Quorum and Proxies
- Minutes of Previous Annual General meeting
- President’s Report to Members
- Treasurer’s Report to Members
- Presentation of Financial results to Members
- Election of Directors
- Election of Office Bearers
- Appointment of Auditor and Remuneration
- Any Other Business of which notice has been received Rainbow Connect will take place on Sunday 26 September 2016 at Ravenswood College, Henry Street, Gordon.
Please RSVP and let us know if you will be attending
Rainbow Connect has previously taken place on
2013 Cronulla Leagues Club 12 October
2014 Ryde Eastwood Leagues Club 6 September
2015 Q Station, Manly 18 October
2016 Ravenswood College 25 September